Skip to main content

11 Ways To Feel Motivated


1. Write Down Your Goals
Make a list. This will help you visualize your goals for the day or week. Check off what goals you accomplished as you go along! You can do this in a journal or planner. I prefer a monthly planner, they usually come with a notes section, calendar and a weekly planner.

2. Keep Things Tidy
The first thing I do in the morning is make my bed and tidy up my bedroom. Then, I tidy up my work space. Keeping your space clean and tidy helps you to better collect, and organize your thoughts. Something about a clean space is just so satisfying.

3. Hygiene and Self- Care
Start your morning with a shower, do your hair, and put on nice clothes (even if you are not going anywhere for the day). Looking good on the outside makes us feel good on the inside, and it is a huge confidence booster, no more spending days at a time in PJ's!

4. Eat a Nutritional Breakfast
What they say is true, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Eating a healthy breakfast fuels your body and mind with the proper nutrition to start your day! Want to stop feeling so sluggish in the mornings? Eat a bagel! Iced coffee sadly does not count as breakfast...darn.

5. Take your Vitamins
I heard it every single day growing up, "take your vitamins!" Now I understand why. They keep me and my family healthy by fighting off sickness, it is hard to be motivated when you feel like you are constantly coming down with a cold.

6. Stay Hydrated
Coffee and energy drinks are great to have for a pick-me-up, but do not forget to give your body what it really needs in order to function properly and fully, water! Something about being hydrated just makes you feel like you have it all together, you know?

7. Pray/ Mediate 
I always try to start my day by reading my daily devotional journal. It allows me to start the day positively and collect my thoughts.

8. Post-it notes
I was given this idea by a book club I was in. Write something positive about yourself, or about your day, on a post-it note everyday and stick them somewhere you will see them. Soon, they begin to accumulate and you have a wall full of positivity!

9. Don't Forget to Give Yourself a Break
Do not burn yourself out! Step away for a second, get some juice or coffee, and maybe a snack. When we do not give ourselves a break we become irritable and lose interest in things we would normally enjoy. Everything begins to feel like "work."

10. Create a Personal Reward System
This can be as little as telling yourself, "after I complete this task, I am eating ice cream and watching a movie." Or "if i get this done today I am rewarding myself with a nice bubble bath." This gives you more "oomf" to want to to get your tasks accomplished.

11. Give Yourself Credit
This is another reason why keeping a daily planner, or journal, to list your daily goals, task, and accomplishments, can be very beneficial to you and your mindset. It is like a record keeper of all your accomplishments that day/ week/ month, and it allows you to reflect on those accomplishments, while also finding areas of improvement (time management, ect.)

- Bear



Comments

  1. These are great tips for staying motivated! I like the idea of writing positive notes on post-it notes and allowing them to accumalate. I think it is so important to take at least one positive away from your day, no matter how small!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Aimsy xoxo
    Aimsy’s Antics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, in today's time it is very important for our well-being to recognize the positives in our every day life, no matter how small, as you said!

      Delete
  2. Great ideas for staying motivated. These are so important in the current climate.
    Stay safe. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tips, I already practice a couple of them but the post it thing? I'll have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment